Tuesday, July 29, 2014

RILEY'S REVIEW HIS REVERIE...BY MONICA MURPHY

I'm so overwhelmed with love for this girl I can hardly speak. "Revi..." I've never called her that before but the way she smiles when I say it, I know I'm going to start using that nickname frequently. Especially if I can earn another smile like the one she's flashing me right now. "You don't have to fight Krista for me. There's nothing to fight for. You already own me. I belong to no one else."

His Reverie by Monica Murphy is a Young Adult novel about two teenagers who even though they come from completely opposite backgrounds, find themselves falling desperately in love for the first time in their lives.

Nicholas Fairchild is the boy from the proverbial wrong side of the tracks. He's been through more than any seventeen almost eighteen year old should ever have to deal with. He's been accused of a crime he didn't commit, and suffers a betrayal from two people close to him. Even with all of the bad that's dumped upon him, Nick is still a kind, respectful person. 

Reverie Hale is the beautiful, innocent daughter of the Reverend Harold Hale. He's a TV preacher with a huge following. The Hales are very wealthy and Nick is hired to work for them at their summer house for the season. 

Nick and Reverie meet the first day he's on the job. Their attraction is immediate and overwhelming. From the start Nick feels like he's not good enough for Reverie. Reverie lives a very sheltered life and has barely even spoken to a boy. Her feelings for Nick are immediate and strong. She writes those feelings down in her journal. Seeing her feelings in journal form is something I liked quite a lot. We get to see what's going on in her head as she falls more and more in love with Nicholas Fairchild everyday. As wealthy and spoiled as Reverie is, her life before Nick isn't a happy one.

Nick tries to stay away from Reverie, but he can't. Their pull toward one another is far too strong. Through stolen moments alone, we watch the two of them fall in love. No matter how wrong Nick is for Reverie or how innocent Reverie is their love is most definitely real. As protected as Reverie is, she falls for Nick fast and she tells him how she feels. And although Nick feels exactly the same way, he's afraid to let Reverie know his feelings for her are the same. 

So yes, Nick and Reverie find their way to each other and discover feelings they've never had before. But life isn't always fair and as much as you want Nick and Reverie together, there are always obstacles. Obstacle number one being her parents. For people that run a ministry, they are about as unholy as can be. They don't seem to care about their children, which makes it kind of easy for Nick and Reverie to steal time away with each other. It also makes it easy not to like them very much.

Then there's Krista (rolling my eyes). She's Nick's ex. He wants her to stay an ex. She has a different idea. She's not a likable character at all. When you meet her you'll know exactly what I mean.

Nick tries to push Reverie away one last time (kind of has something to do with Krista). He's got too many secrets he doesn't want Reverie to know about. I don't know how, but Reverie finds out Nick's secrets and comes to him. That's right, even after she knows all about Nick, she still wants him (yep, I'd want him too). 

Reverie feels telling her parents about her and Nick's relationship will make their being together ok. She thinks once they realize how wonderful Nick is, they'll love him just as she does. But sometimes fate plays tricks on us and as much as we hope for something to happen, it doesn't always work out that way.

So here's the thing...there's a cliffhanger at the end of this book. It ends with a bang and there's no clue as to what happens next. It's alright though because the second part of the story, Her Destiny will be out August 25th. I know, I know, I don't want to wait either. But remember...good things come to those who wait. (So please Monica, I'm a sucker for a happy ending).

I absolutely love Nicholas Fairchild as a book boyfriend (I know he's young, but sheesh it's a book boyfriend). I think he's lived a hard life and doesn't take things for granted. Even though he's a kind of bad boy, he cherished Reverie from the second he met her. The way he treated her and the way he felt about her was truly beautiful.

His Reverie is beautifully written and it proves that even when you're young, you can understand what real love feels like. I'm giving His Reverie a five lip smack review. I know it sounds corny, but I felt every word in my heart as I read it. Now if I can just get to August 25th, Everything will be fine!








No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...