Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Riley's Top 10 Book Boyfriends of 2013


Loved this so much, I had to borrow it!!

Happy 2014!!!


I totally wanted to do my first book review of 2014 and introduce you to my latest book boyfriend. But.....then I thought, I need to do something special for all my 2013 boys.  So....here are my top 10 book boyfriends of the year.

10. Jesse Ward (This Man Series, Jodi Ellen Malpas) What can I say about The Lord of the Manor? That man could trample me any day, any way he wanted. And no I don't mind that he owns a sex club. *grinning saucily* His physical description alone had me panting. Not to mention, the green eyes and the husky voice (gets me every time). But it wasn't just physical. No he had that bad boy quality that I love. PS: That man knew what he wanted and he didn't care who he trampled to get it. The gifts, the possessiveness, the obsession with peanut butter,call me crazy, but I loved it.

9. Chase Greyson (Taking Chances, Stealing Harper, Molly McAdams) Chase Greyson will always have my heart. He was the ultimate man whore. At first I thought, "Yuck! What a pig!" Then he started to change. From the second he met Harper, she got under his skin. Every single change he made was for her, and the girl just didn't get it. She is not one of my favorite characters and personally I don't think she deserved Chase. Of course I was attracted to his physical description, but he wound up being so sweet and loving. The ring he made Harper for Christmas? I melted. He found somebody to love in Harper and it turned him around. PS I'm still mad at Molly McAdams for the whole ending thing. I will never recover from that *tear*

8. Shy Cage (Own the Wind, Kristen Ashley) 
Shy Cage....holy hell!  I never thought I'd be attracted to a biker. But damn Shy Cage changed that. Yes, once again his physical description got me going (green eyes, dark hair). I can't help myself. When I find myself going back to a certain book scenes over and over again *wink, wink*, I know I've found a keeper. Shy loved Tabby for years, but gave her space. Thought he wasn't good enough for her! Can you imagine? His voice, his bossiness just made me want him even more. And when Shy and Tabby finally got together....damn! Fireworks! Yes, Shy I'm gone for you...now get in my bed.

7. Preston Drake (Just for Now, Abbi Glines) 
Preston Drake is so not my type of guy, but damn for some reason I kept going back to Preston's story. What can I say? The boy grew on me. He was a man whore of course. One of the worst. One night stands that he didn't remember. Drinking until he blacked out.  Yuck! Right? Wrong! Amanda Hardy saw the good in Preston. Loved him from the time she was 11 years old. Manda thought he was a beautiful boy from the first time she saw him. And he certainly turned into a beautiful man. He was so sweet to his brothers and little sister, I couldn't help but want him for a book boyfriend. 

6. Hunter McCormick (Trying Not to Love You, Megan Smith) 
As I put my list together I realized I had a certain type. Hunter is so my type it's scary. I can't help it, I love me some bad boys. Hunter wasn't a bad, bad boy, but he was a little slutty.  It's that look they describe, shaggy dark hair, green eyes, toned body and tatts. Gets me every time. Hunter was protective of his best friends little sister, until he goes and falls in love with her. Seriously, when Hunter told Kenzie he loved her the first time I was literally a puddle on my bed. 

5. Travis "Mad dog" Maddox (Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster, Jamie McGuire)
Beautiful Disaster was one of the first NA books I read. So meeting Travis Maddox was like wow! Again, hot by description, but also a caring and loving, with that dang man whore sprinkled in. He just had to find his pigeon and then he was all good. I loved his fight,  I loved his sense of humor and I loved the way he loved Abby Abernathy. When he told Abby it was her last first time, I know I absolutely swooned. 

4. Remington "Riptide" Tate (Real, Mine, Katy Evans) 
I can not even fathom a physical being as perfect as Remington Tate. Amazing body, perfectly messy bedroom hair, full lips (Ahhhhh! I'm getting tingly) Brooke Dumas is one lucky chick. I've always loved The Goo Goo Dolls "Iris". When Remy played it for Brooke, holy hell. I almost lost it. Whenever I hear it now, I picture that scene from the book. Crazy or not, if that man wanted, I would be his Real.

3. Rush Finlay (The Fallen Series, Abbi Glines)
I literally obsessed over Rush Finlay for the entire summer. OMG! He was perfect to me. Of course, at first I thought he was slime and Grant was going to be this book boyfriend. But, damn Rush turned it around after a few chapters. That night at the honky tonk with Blaire, I was hooked. I love his edgy pierced and tattooed self. I love the way he loves Blaire like crazy and damn I love the things he does in the bedroom. Once again, I know when I go back to my old book boyfriends, even with a kindle full of new boys to meet, they're keepers. Ahhhhhhhh....Rush! I can't wait for your POV.

2. Beau Vincent (The Vincent Boys, The Vincent Brothers, Abbi Glines)
Clearly, I have a thing for Abbi Glines characters, and truth be told it killed me to put Beau Vincent as my second favorite. Beau was my first book boyfriend. I don't think I ever made that connection to a book character until Beau. (OK, that's not true but Beau made me swoon. Better?) Best friends with his cousin Sawyer and Ashton Gray since childhood, the trio kind of splits apart when Ashton goes and choses the wrong Vincent boy for a boyfriend. Beau's the town bad boy and Ashton is the preacher's daughter, but their chemistry is undeniable. Beau loved Ashton like crazy and that made me love Beau even more.

1. Gunner Mathews (Wanted, Kelly Elliot)
The second Gunner Mathews called Ellie Johnson sweetheart, I knew I was sunk. He had just met her and he already felt protective of her. Not to mention his devastatingly handsome face and hot body. I've never found a more romantic book boyfriend than Gunner. He barely knew Ellie and he felt the need to take care of her. There is nothing I didn't love about Gunner. He was just so loving and caring, I wished I could jump into the book. His plan for his and Ellie's "first time" had me wishing it was me. Their wedding and wedding night, the way he loved his grandparents, he couldn't be more perfect. So Gunner got the top spot on my list of book boyfriends for 2013.

I've already chosen 2014's first book boyfriend.  You'll have to wait a minute to meet him. I hope you've enjoyed my rundown. Authors, thank you, thank you, thank you! Keep writing! 

Did I totally miss any of your favorites? Did I pick someone you loathe? Leave me a comment!! Happy reading!!




19 comments:

  1. There should be Liam James from Kirsty Moseley's The Boy Who Sneaks on My Bedroom Window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. por favor! se puede elegir a mas de uno? mis favoritos son, Rush, Travis y Remy, hermosos personajes, bellos por fuera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm.....I'll have to check out this Liam James!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¿For me?
    Travis, Rush, Connor, Gabriel, Beu, Lucas, Jace and Patch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! And now you've given me ideas on new books to buy, so thanks! Abbi Glines is a genius, right? Love the men she creates. J S Cooper and Pamala Ann make some seriously swoon-worthy men in their books too. Can't wait to read up on some of these that you've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbi Glines is literally my idol.....with Kelly Elliot coming in a close second!!!

      Delete
  7. Check out the boys of Tijan's books! They're to drool for... Fallen Crest High-Mason, Broken and Screwed-Jesse and Carter Reed-Carter. Macksen from Calia Read's Breaking the Wrong is also swoon worthy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl!! Those Cade boys got me. I'm so anxious for the next Fallen Crest High book. And I almost bought Broken and Screwed today. Now I'm totally getting it.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Josh Bennett of The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out Jared from Bully by Penelope Douglas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved him!!! I wanted to punch him most of the time. but then loved him! :)

      Delete
    2. I keep hearing about Bully. I'm deff adding it to my TBR list!

      Delete
  11. OMG I also have a thing with Abbi Glines' characters, I love Preston, Rush and Beau!
    I love Kellan of Thoughtless, Jared of Bully, Liam of The Boy who sneaks... , Gavin of Collide, Travis of Beautiful Disaster, Reid of Maybe this time and Ryan of Fading.
    Not in that order but these BBFs are those on my re read lists. I keep going back to them *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ..thank you, i really got some new guys to fall in love with i think :P.But see there is also James from the up in the air series,kellan from thoughtless,Jake from the storm series,Daemon from Lux series,Will from this girl,Holder from losing hope and of course Woods from perfection series,i dont know why but i loved him even in the too far series,then Tony Rawlings from Consequences series,he is the guy i hated and loved the most....sorry it will go on :D ..and of course along with Rush,Travis,Riptide,Jesse. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Check out Trace from Finding Olivia and Chasing Olivia by Micalea Smeltzer and Liam, JD, and my beloved Harrison from the Beaumont Series by Heidi McLaughlin!! These four will not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...