Tuesday, June 9, 2015

RILEY'S REVIEW A FOREVER KIND OF LOVE...BY ELLIE WADE

"Only you can love me the way I need. Only you were put on this earth with the ability to give me a lifetime of pure happiness. You are everything to me - not because of your perfections, but in spite of them. I love you for everything you are and everything you're not. I love you for all your mistakes and all your triumphs. I love you in all your brokenness and in all the ways you complete me. I love you because the kind of love we have is forever. It's rare, Jax. Not everyone gets to experience such a love, yet we have it."

Wow!  All I can say about A Forever Kind of Love  is just wow! I could not wait to get my hands on this book after reading A Beautiful Kind of Love. So when it appeared on my Kindle today, I completely gobbled it up.

Usually, I choose a quote from the book boyfriend of the story I'm reviewing, but the quote I chose came from Lily. In their relationship, Lily was always the one who told Jax the journey is the most important part of an adventure. Jax was always looking to the end result, which is kind of how he lost Lily to begin with.

I'm going to do my very best to not give anything away since you have to read this book. I'll give you one hint. If you haven't read A Beautiful Kind of Love by Ellie Wade, you need to do it right now. I'll wait go and one click. A Forever Kind of Love is the second part to Jax and Lily's story and it is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. The whole time I was reading I had this ache in my chest and tears in my eyes. It's an incredibly emotional read, and it's also a fantastic story.

In the end of A Beautiful Kind of Love we saw Lily tell Jax she loved him and wanted to be with him and we also saw Jax getting ready to propose to someone who wasn't Lily. My heart about shattered. I thought the story would just center around Jax trying to get out of marrying Stella because he really loved Lily. That wasn't the case at all. You see, even though Jax knew Lily was his soul mate and the person he loved more than anyone else in the world, he marries someone who's not Lily.

The story takes us back to Jax's junior year in college. Where the pressure of school, football, his dad and Lily were starting to take a toll. Given some stupid advice from his father, Jax feels like right now in his life he can't make Lily number one. So what does he do? He lets her go. He figures he's meant to be with Lily so it will all work out in the end.

What Jax didn't figure was after crushing Lily, eventually, she would move on. Inevitably, Lily did move on. But she realized it was Jax that she wanted and it would always be Jax. Unfortunately for Lily, the friendship he had forged with Stella turned into something more. So at the end of A Beautiful Kind of Love, Stella is the person Jax is waiting to give the ring to. When they got married, I was literally gutted. I couldn't believe our soul mates weren't going to be together. I was mad at Jax for moving on, I was furious at Stella for stealing Jax. 

Amazingly, Lily being the incredible woman she is, gives her friendship with Jax another chance. It hurts her, but it's better than having nothing. Not to mention the feelings Jax and Lily have always had for each other are still there. Wife or no wife. 

The cover of this book really sums up the story perfectly. Every choice has a consequence. Everything Jax and Lily did for a three year period in their lives made them the people that they are. There's a lot of heartache, but there's also happiness. I think in the end, Jax finally realizes that. 

The plot twist in our story comes about half way through. I'm so sorry, but I'm not going to give you anything other than there's a plot twist and it's huge.

I absolutely loved this story. Even though I cried and literally had an anxiety attack, I wouldn't want it any other way. I still adore Jax Porter, but in this story I thought Lily was really just on point with everything. 

There are books you read that you wish would never end and Lily and Jax's story is one of them. A tear filled five lip smack review for A Forever Kind of Love. A story that will stay with me for a long time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...