Sunday, May 3, 2015

EMILY'S REVIEW MY TIME IN THE AFFAIR...BY STYLO FANTOME


I absolutely LOVED this book!  Stylo Fantome can write!  My Time in the Affair was totally and absolutely enthralling.  I was completely captivated from the first page; no make that the first line. Stylo just proved that she is no one hit wonder when it comes to writing books and that she is here to stay, and I say you are welcome here anytime!

My Time in the Affair is about just that; an affair. Some of you may feel that a book about a married woman having an affair is off putting. Well think again, I am here to tell you read this story!  It is just not that simple.  This is no sunshine and roses, everything falls into place perfectly story.  There are consequences, there is pain, and there is heartache.  Let me assure you though, there is also love, happiness and truth.
                
  “How did you know I’d come up here with you? – Misha
                  “I can spot lonely.” – Tal

The two main characters are Misha and Tal.  Both of them are more than each seems and both are struggling with their own circumstances.  Misha is lonely and unhappy and she does not make the decision to cheat lightly.  In fact she resolves to stay faithful when she meets Tal.  She is beyond attracted to him and thinks she can just have a one night stand. But Tal owns her from the moment they meet and she can’t seem to stay away even though she is really struggling to deal with the consequences of her actions.

                  “What are you doing to me?”Misha whispered
                  Anything you want, babe. Come find me.” – Tal whispered back
                 
Tal is very mysterious and he has some serious secrets that could destroy everything they share.  Oh, and did I forget to mention that Tal is extremely sexy and gorgeous?  He is tall dark and a real alpha male. Trying to keep his secrets, give his job 100% and falling for Misha, Tal seems to be walking on a tightrope and it all comes crashing down on him.  As always, Stylo can write the hell out of a bedroom scene… or a public restroom scene… or a beach scene…. You get the idea!  Tal is smoking hot!
            
      You see me Misch.” -  Tal

I especially really love how Tal is there for Misha when her shit hits the fan.  He is supportive, yet he gives her room to handle things on her own.  He really is a man’s man.  I also really admire the way that Misha faces her husband, family and friends without running away.  She takes everything they dish out and she knows she her decisions have hurt a lot of people. 


Without question I give this book 5 lip smacks.  It had me hooked and kept me interested throughout, in fact I couldn’t put I down and I was up half the night until I finished.  My Time in the Affair is well written and is truly thought provoking.  I know you will enjoy it as much as I did! Brilliant!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...