Monday, October 27, 2014

RILEY'S REVIEW SLOW BURN...BY AUTUMN JONES LAKE

"Then you told me you were married, and I couldn't believe it. As if I didn't have enough obstacles to overcome. I finally found the woman of my dreams, and not only is she a lawyer for fuck's sake, she's married. So baby, you don't ever have to worry about me with anyone else. You're exactly what and who I want in every way. No one else compares." ~ Rock North

The day Rochlan "Rock" North meets the woman of his dreams, he's on the wrong side of the court room in an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs. The woman, lawyer Hope Kendall, agrees to plead out Rock's case for him. Hope is respectful, clever and a bit sassy and Rock finds himself quickly falling for her.

Hope has been married to her husband Clay for twelve years. As wildly attracted to Rock as she is, she has no intention of pursuing anything with him.
Even though he is beautiful, with slate gray eyes, dark blonde hair and a body made for sin, Hope is loyal to a fault and won't stray. Truthfully, this makes her even more attractive to Rock.

While Rock knows he can't have Hope, he still wants her in his life, so he hires her as counsel for his MC. This way he gets to keep her close and keep an eye on her. Obviously, he wants to keep more than an eye on her. One of the times Hope reminds Rock she's married, he basically tells her, "I don't mind." Of course Hope minds. Her loyalty to Clay is another reason Rock falls harder for her.  She feels completely guilty about the way Rock makes her feel, but she can't help it. During one meeting at the strip club the MC owns Rock and Hope share a steamy hot lip lock. It had to be one of the hottest kisses I've read in any book this year. Hope is totally freaked out by it, but she can't deny the chemistry between them.

Problems with a rival club cause Rock to distance himself from Hope. He finds out this rival MC has been asking questions about her and he basically breaks all ties with Hope. It kills him to do it and she is incredibly hurt by Rock's actions. He never explains why he does what he does. The two have no contact for almost a year. Rock finds his way back to Hope when tragedy strikes.

Another year goes by and these two finally get their shot at being together. Thanks to Hope's crazy friend Sophie, whom I absolutely love, Rock and Hope once again cross paths. This time, there's nothing stopping them from seeing where their intense attraction will take them.

When they finally get together, it's like spontaneous combustion. They are un-freakin-believably hot. I mean Rock is amazing...on the counter...on the couch...in the shower...against a tree. Get ready to need to grab your significant other. I won't tell if you think about Rock. Anyway, you get the picture to two have major chemistry.

Hope truly is the woman of Rock's dreams and Hope wants a relationship with Rock, not a casual fling. I love how protective Rock is of Hope. I adore the way even before they were together he was calling her "my girl" or "my woman". He's forever threatening his MC brothers when they do something stupid around Hope.  I know he's Prez of the MC, but he really is so stinkin sweet, he kind of liquified my insides.

One thing was missing though. I wished Rock told Hope how much he loved her. He thought it in his head plenty. He just never said it out loud and I think Hope would have loved to hear it. Anyway...Rock and Hope's story isn't over yet so I'm sure it'll happen. I'm anxiously awaiting book two of their story.

I'm giving Slow Burn a four lip smack review. There may be two MC guys on Riley's Best Book Boyfriend list of 2014 this year!! Yes friends...I am gone over Rock North.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...