Monday, December 7, 2015

RILEY'S REVIEW CORRUPT...BY PENELOPE DOUGLAS

So, I was up until 3:00 am because I had to finish Penelope Douglas' Corrupt, and all I can say is OMG!!! I could not put this book down. I had to know what really happened and I didn't care that I had to deal with 26 six year olds the next morning.

Corrupt is the story of Erika "Rika" Fane and Michael Crist. It's absolutely not  your ordinary love story. It's far from anything ordinary. It's dark and twisted and I promise, you won't be able to put it down. I honestly don't think the words I have can do justice to this book because it totally blew me away.

Rika has always been a "good girl". She's smart, pretty, popular and she comes from money. She dates the right boy, but wants the wrong boy more than anything. The fact that these boys are brothers that absolutely hate each other makes you wonder if Rika has a naughty side to her.

Trevor is the golden brother. Handsome, perfect and completely in love with Rika. He  believes they are absolutely meant to be together and he will do what he has to do to make that happen.

Michael Crist is a whole other story.  He does things his way. He's not interested in the life his father wanted for him. Instead Michael is a professional basketball player. He's also really never paid any attention to Rika, but she wants him. And how many times have you been told to be careful what you wish for?

The story goes back and forth from when Rika was still in high school until present day when Rika is trying to completely change the direction her life is going. A direction that is pointing her  right into Michael Crist's path.

Now here's where it gets a little twisted. At one point in time, Michael did notice Rika. She was secretly hanging around with Michael's high school crew called the Four Horsemen. The Four Horsemen were the big men on campus. All the girls wanted them. All the guys wanted to be them. I'm not going to lie, I thought they were pretty scary.

The Four Horsemen pull more than your average high school pranks. They are dark and twisted with a sense of entitlement. That all gets blown to bits when their world comes crashing down one night and three of the Four Horsemen wind up in prison.

Now the story really begins. After serving their time in prison, the Four Horsemen are now back together. They've decided to plot revenge on the person they believe has betrayed them. The catch, just when you think you know the whole story, there is a jaw dropping plot twist.

Rika and Michael's story is complicated to say the least. Michael is this intensely hot, brooding, bad boy. And he drove me crazy. You're never quite sure of his feelings for Rika, while Rika wears her heart on her sleeve. You know how much Michael has always meant to her.

Michael and Erika are steamy hot together. Their sexual chemistry is off the charts hot and when you get to the scene in the sauna, just dayummmm. I'll never think of a steam room the same way again.

I loved that this story had me on the edge to the very end. Corrupt will keep you guessing, it will make your jaw drop and I'm guessing at some point you might need your significant other to take care of some business for you (wink, wink).

A five lip smack review for Penelope Douglas and Corrupt. I'm hoping Kai gets his own story (pretty please?).


No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...