Friday, July 10, 2015

RILEY'S REVIEW WICKED WHITE...BY MICHELLE A. VALENTINE

He swallows, deeply. "I love you , Iris - with every inch of my soul, with every inch of my entire being. You..." He brings both hands up and pulls me face so close to his that I can feel the heat of his breath on my lips. "You are my Juliet."

Ace leans forward and presses his lips to mine. "My bounty is a boundless as the sea. My love as deep. The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."

Michelle Valentine is absolutely right when she states...Ace White isn't  your typical rockstar. He is so very much more than that. So if you're ready to meet him, go and one click Wicked White and start reading ASAP and you'll see what I mean.

Ace White (who's real last name is Johnson) is the lead singer of the raising pop band Wicked White. As great as his life seems to be, he is miserable. He wants to be able to write music for his band. He's not crazy about the pop star music he's forced to perform. Then there's the band. They are jealous, disagreeable and well just nasty to Ace. And don't get me started on his tour manager Jane Anne. She is a user who only cares about Ace's popularity, not about Ace at all. 

All of this unhappy comes to a head the night Ace receives a phone call that his foster mother was taken to the hospital and she is very ill. Like any loving son would do, Ace up and leaves the band to go to the woman who raised him.

Ace was in the foster care system from the time his was a child. It wasn't until he was twelve years old and placed with Sarah Johnson that he ever felt any kind of love or stability. She gave him a home and helped him become the man he is today. 

Ace decides he's not going back to Wicked White and pretty much drops off the face of the earth. He completely changes his look and finds his way into a trailer park in Ohio that is owned by the totally gorgeous Iris Easton. Hello, she's gorgeous, of course Ace is immediately attracted to her. You would think with their obvious mutual attraction, sparks would fly. Nope. Ace is very stand offish and sends a mean vibe out whenever Iris is around.

Naturally, Iris notices how attractive Ace is. How could she not? She describes his toned body as absolutely delicious. Not to mention the perfection of his bronze mussed up hair, his breathtaking eyes, heart stopping smile, that sexy V line just below his ripped abs. Yes, when they made Ace Johnson they definitely broke the mold.

Iris has her own story (of course). Raised by her grandma after her own mother died, she's just returned to the trailer park her grandma owned because grams has passed away. She's been living in New York City while trying to make it on Broadway.

So now we have the rocker, the would be Broadway Star and their incredible attraction. It would be so easy to just be together right? But Ace knows his life is a complete mess and he doesn't think it would be fair to involve Iris in something that could only hurt her. But an attraction like Iris and Ace's can't really be squashed and he finally after realizing what an amazing person Iris is, he decides he has to be with her.

"This is the very ecstasy of love," he whispers in my ear and then sucks a quick breath between his teeth as he pushes all the way inside of me. "Such is my love, to thee I so belong, that for thy right, myself will bear all the wrong."

Can you say swoon? Because I could barely breath when Ace whispered this to Iris. Shakespeare!! He quotes Shakespeare the first time they're together!!! OMG!! I just can't!

Ace is beyond romantic and beautiful and perfect and yes he is on my best book boyfriends of 2015 short list already.

Add into this completely swoon worthy tale a relentlessly searching tour manager, an entertainment reporter that just won't quit and a trailer park creep intent on ruining everything Ace and Iris have and you have the perfect story of Wicked White. Oh I almost forgot about that annoying ex boyfriend and those pesky back taxes.

If I haven't enticed you to one click Wicked White yet, let me add Ace and Iris can't keep their hands off of each other and every single time they touch it is blazing hot. Not to mention Michelle Valentine's writing is on point.

One click Wicked White, read it and try to tell me it's not a book of complete perfection. A five lip smack review from me. Ace...you can quote Shakespeare to me anytime you want. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...