Wednesday, December 3, 2014

RILEY'S REVIEW A LIL LESS HOPELESS...BY TARA OAKES

I sat down on the floor and stuck my hand in between the the bars. You latched on and finally stopped crying. You just kept looking at me. I tried to let go, and you started to cry again. So I just sat there for a long time with my hand stuck in the crib. Eventually you fell asleep. I could have taken my hand back, but I didn't. I couldn't. I wanted you to know that someone was there.

Something changed. You weren't just Tiny's to take care of and protect anymore. You were mine, too. I remember the first time I knew I loved you. I remember the first time I kissed you. I remember the first time I made love to you, and I remember the time you broke my heart. ~ Jay Cauley

A Lil' Less Hopeless is the third installment in the Kingsmen Series, and let me tell you Jay and Lil's love is truly epic. Jay gets more and more perfect with every turn of the page. Swoon worthy is not even a good enough term to describe him. No joke, physically, he sounds like a god. The way he talks to Lils is the most incredible mixture of sweet talk and dirty talk. I would love to get naughty with Jay because damn, he totally knows what he's doing.

So...again, if you haven't read the first two Kingsmen books GET THEM!! You have to know the background and cast of characters to understand the story.

A Lil' Less Hopeless picks up after Lils rescue from being kidnapped by a rival gang. It was a horrible, tragic incident and now everyone is trying to get their lives back to normal. Except they can't...that's right...Lils is on the short list of suspects being looked at for the killing of Shade, the rival gangs President. 

As the Kingsmen try to go about their business, Jay decides he wants to marry Lils like now and she agrees. Well, she asks for three weeks to plan. Apparently MC clubs have the resources to plan a big event more quickly than Lils realizes. The girls get their bachelorette party and even though Lils is pregnant a good time is had by all. The boys on the other hand never get to party because well Lils gets picked up for the whole shooting Shade thing.

Now, there's a plot twist that totally made me cry and fall even more in love with Jay. I've read a lot of different kinds of books and I'll tell you, I've NEVER felt a love like Lils and Jay's before. They've literally been in love their entire lives and it's an equal love. They would go to the ends of the earth to save each other.

I'm not giving anything else away because duh, you know I want you to read the book. I will tell you that Charlie...that chick is still a woman of mystery. Even though she gives in to her feelings for Clink, girl's got something else going on and I can't wait to find out.

That leads me to...guess what??? Charlie and Clink's story is next and I have to find out what secrets Charlie is hiding. Who is she and what is she all about? And of course I need more Jay and Lils. I can't wait to meet that baby!!

A well deserved four lip smack review. I'm completely excited for the fourth book in February. Even better news, Tara Oakes is releasing a full length novel (whoop, whoop)! When you one click A Lil' Less Hopeless, you'll get an excerpt of Baby V. Get preordering friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...