Thursday, February 6, 2020

REVIEW TIME!!! DEAR AVA.....BY ILSA MILLS MADDEN

I finished reading Dear Ava by Ilsa Madden Mills a few days ago. It's one of those books I can't get out of my head and honestly, I don't want to. I need to hold Knox and Ava close to me for a little while. Um, especially Knox, but I'm not going to tell you why. You'll just have to read Dear Ava. Okay, I'll give you a little. Stormy gray eyes, devastatingly handsome, sexy, and alpha af.

Then there's Ava. She's had a really hard life. Her mother is a loser, she lives in a Catholic charity group home and the only thing that matters to her in her life, is her little brother Tyler. So when Ava gets a scholarship to Camden Prep you would think life would get a little easier. Wrong. It goes from bad to worse.

The leaders of the school are the Sharks, and when one of them takes notice of Ava, you think everything might turn out well for her. That thought couldn't be more wrong. The first night she goes to a party with her Shark, she has a horrible experience and leaves Camden Prep for ten months.

Ava decides she's going back to Camden for her senior year. She's not going to let anyone destroy her dreams for college and a good life for her and Tyler. It's not going to be easy, the Sharks still give her a hard time. They are out right cruel to her, but she won't give up. One thing she's sure of is, she will NEVER trust a Shark again.

You're probably wondering, what about the letters? On day one she finds a letter in her locker. It's a little corny, but really sweet and I was swooning by the end of it. Ava doesn't know who it's from, but the writer leaves a clue and you start guessing.

Ava is such a strong character. She's brave and even though going back to Camden is going to be a struggle, Ava will never let anyone get to her again. She's can also be super snarky, which I absolutely love.

Knox is a character who will surprise you. You'll start thinking of him one way and little by little get to know the real Knox. I am in love with him. 

Dear Ava is told so beautifully by Ilsa Madden Mills. She addresses topics that are really important in a thoughtful and caring way. She shows there's nothing wrong with allowing people to help you. Dear Ava also makes it clear you should never back down from a bully. Ava knew what happened to her was wrong and even though so many people didn't believe her she always stood her ground.

Dear Ava had me feeling every emotion. I laughed and cried and I was super angry. I wanted to fight for Ava. I wanted to hug her (I wanted to hug Knox, but that's a whole different story). 

If I haven't convinced you to one click Dear Ava yet, here's one last thing. It's more than a five star read. Honestly, Dear Ava is everything you could ask for in a book and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...