Monday, February 17, 2020

REVIEW TIME!!!! ANGRY GOD.....BY LJ SHEN

I spent most of yesterday off social media. When I saw Angry God by LJ Shen was finally live, I one clicked and couldn't stop reading. It's not unusual for me to finish a book in one day. What is unusual is that I completely ignored my family because I couldn't put it down.

During this time I wasn't absolutely wrecked in the best way by a book. A book about a boy and a girl who knew each other for a really long time and challenged each other every single chance they got. 

I'll admit, when we first knew Angry God  was coming, I was absolutely Team Lenora. Then toward the time of the cover release I was Team Poppy for a millisecond. I thought maybe someone as sweet as Poppy could light up Vaughn's darkness. As I read the story, I knew Lenora was only ever going to be Vaughn's person. It couldn't possibly be anyone else.

They are two strong characters. Both of them are broken and that's where the darkness comes from. When they are together, the electricity crackles so strongly, you can feel it through the pages.

When Vaughn and Lenora have to spend senior year together at All Saints High, you're not sure if they're going to kill each other or devour each other. Side note, Vaughn and Lenora make biting and a good make session super hot. They also know how to torment each other and push each others buttons.

We knew Vaughn was dark from Pretty Wreckless. He was cold and didn't really care about anything or anyone. In Angry God we learn the reason Vaughn is this dark, mysterious person. As his story unfolded, I felt actual pain in my heart for this young boy.

The story unfolds and an incredible tale of  deceit and vengeance is weaved. Leigh put this story together perfectly and I was enthralled by not only the characters, but the story as well. 

Let's talk for a minute about how much I love the Spencer family. Emilia and Vicious love there son fiercely. But why would that surprise anyone? We watched the love between Emilia and Vic so of course their son would fit into that bubble. What I didn't realize at first is how fiercely Vaughn loved his parents. They are a family that would do anything to protect each other.

I haven't read very many books that I would like to give more than 5 stars for, but Angry God deserves all they stars for making a beautiful story come out of such darkness.













No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...