Wednesday, August 16, 2017

REVIEW WITH LA....ENRAGE BY RACHEL VAN DYKEN


Holy Organized Crime Batman! I have one word (okay, many words) for Rachel Van Dyken's Enrage, the latest book in the Eagle Elite series, and it's BRILLIANT!!!

Rachel literally hit the ball out of the park with Enrage. I don't know how she does it, but every book in this series just keeps getting better! There are series that after a few books you're kind of meh. NOT. THIS. SERIES! I couldn't wait to get my hands on Enrage

Before Enrage was released, I did some rereads of the other books in the series. I love them even more now than I did when they were brand new to me. Then I started Enrage and Rachel had me captivated and unable to put this book down. The storyline is fantastic, the details are perfection and the plot twist is unbelievable. This is one of those series that could go on forever. I would buy every single book and not care one drop about the price!

Enrage is the story of Dante Alfero and El Petrov. I know the Italians and the Russians right? It starts out the way you think, Italians and Russians against each other. The goal in this book is to make sure Dante accepts his spot in the family as the head of the Alfero family. Trace's grandpa is getting older and he's trying to right a huge wrong he created back in the day.

These five mob bosses are young and hot and bring fear into the hearts of those who would go up against them. I love that all the characters play a big part in all of the stories and Enrage is no different. From the guys "training" Dante, to family dinners, I can't get enough of them. 

I've been reading this series from the start and of course I've fallen in love many times during the course of the stories. I was a Nixon girl for a minute, until I met Chase. Chase has been my favorite forever. He's hot. He's funny and loyal to a fault. And then I met Dante. Big, built, gorgeous, blue eyed, black haired Dante. At first I didn't think I'd like Dante. He's got so much anger and at the start of Enrage. He's cruel to El and says the most horrible things to her.

As they get to know each other, of course feelings start to change. When this couple acts on their attraction...the hotness factor goes from hot to blistering. With one kiss, Dante turned me into a melted puddle of goo. His physical description alone is enough to set any girl on fire. But Dante's kiss? Mama Mia! I couldn't breathe! El is definitely not the girl Dante thought she was. And Dante? He is everything you could possibly imagine and more. He seriously gives Chase a run for the money in hotness. Dante just exudes a sexiness that once again makes me wish fictional characters could be real.

If you've been reading the series expect all your favorite characters to be involved in family drama, witness the crowning of a new family head and deception so painful it hurts. Yes, I cried. I cried a lot. 

Even with that being said, I loved Enrage and this entire series. Rachel writes a story that flows perfectly, you can't put down and has the incredible ability to make you fall completely in love with, um, murdering mob bosses. It's ok when it's for honor. I promise.

Five shooting (get it?) stars for Enrage and my favorite mob family ever!











No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...