Wednesday, August 23, 2017

LA REVIEWS THE SCARS BETWEEN US...BY M.K. SCHILLER

She is the girl who lost everything.

I am the boy who never had anything.

It isn't often I read a book that makes me want to be a better person. MK Schiller's The Scars Between Us is one of those rare books that made me want to do just that.

Emma Cooper had every reason to be bitter and dark, but she wasn't. She found the good in everyone and every situation. She was light to other's darkness. Her kindness and compassion were truly beautiful. She may be one of my favorite book girls ever.

If Emma makes me want to be a better person, Aiden Sheffield makes me want to be very naughty. A former marine, who now makes a living rescuing abused dogs and fighting in Vegas. He is the kind of guy that women and men stop and stare at. Beautiful blue eyes, against dark hair and the body of a god, I am currently obsessed with him. Unfortunately, his personality does not match his physical beauty. The fighting may relieve some of his aggression, but it doesn't help the darkness in his soul.

I love this story because it is different from anything else I've read this summer. The story is gripping and never quite what you think it is. There are surprises and plot twists and it's just so good I couldn't put it down. I had to know what was going to happen.

The story begins with Emma and her mom going on a road trip. Mom wants Emma to carry out a task for her and for some reason it involves Aiden. When Emma meets Aiden he wants nothing to do with her. No explanation why, no reason, he just wants her gone and out of his life.

But in a story where everyone's keeping secrets, things rarely go as planned, Aiden winds up taking the trip to Linx, Texas with Emma. Linx, Texas, a place so horrible, Aiden swore he'd never go back.

Before they go to Linx, Aiden and Emma take a sort of road trip. They stop at several places and somewhere along the road they start to develop feelings for one another. Feelings that they try very hard not to act on, since Emma has a boyfriend in California.

As Aiden and Emma are on this road trip more about their backgrounds is revealed and the way their lives are intertwined will blow your mind! M.K. Schiller did a fantastic job weaving this story. I loved it from begin to end!

If you're wondering if there was any romance in The Scars Between Us, YES THERE WAS!! And it was amazing. Aiden Sheffield had me swooning like a school girl with just one kiss. 

Five swooning stars for Aiden and The Scars Between Us. If you haven't one clicked it yet, do it now!!  Oh and if we could just get a frontal view of the cover model that would be great. Because from the side, he is one of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen!!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! It left me swooning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Aiden Sheffield left me swooning ;)

      Delete

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...