Tuesday, October 18, 2016

L.A. REVIEWS EL DIABLO...BY M. ROBINSON

In a very short period of time, M. Robinson has become one of my "go to" authors. I have enjoyed every book of hers I've read and this spin off of the Good Ole Boys series has only solidified her place in my author file.

If you're looking for a story that's going to take you on a roller coaster ride of emotion, go right to your Kindle and one click El Diablo. I promise you will be glad that you did.

If you read Crave Me, you've already met Alejandro Martinez. He's the Colombian crime lord uncle of Briggs/Daisy and if you thought he was intense in Crave Me, wait until you get to know him better in El Diablo.

El Diablo begins when Alejandro is a teenager. He's fifteen years old and trying to sneak out of the house to go to a party. His sister and her best friend are trying to talk him out of this. Being a fifteen year old boy he wants to go out and party, so he does. What happens when he gets back, is something no fifteen year old should ever go through. Not only what happens is shocking, but the reasoning behind why it happens is insane.

At this point in time, Alejandro becomes more involved in the "family business". He grows up overnight and becomes a man getting ready to walk in his father's footsteps. Alejandro's father is a despicable man and the things he does made me totally hate him.

As M. was writing El Diablo, she kept telling us we were going to hate Alejandro. As awful as many of the things Alejandro did were, I just couldn't hate him. I think he hated himself enough for everyone. He wouldn't allow himself to be happy. He wouldn't allow himself to get close to his niece Briggs. Oh and let me tell you something, the story of how Briggs actually comes to live with Alejandro just blew my mind. But that's what M. does. She blows your mind. She shatters your heart and then she puts you back together again.

Alejandro is sexy AF. His dark hair and bright green eyes put him in my love category instantly. His tan, muscular body is amazing and what he can do with those body parts had me tingling all over. He is sexy without even trying. I loved how passionate he was. When he loved he loved hard, just like the rest of the Good Ole Boys only amped up like one hundred times.

I'm doing it again. I'm totally telling you too much and I so want you to one click El Diablo.
M. is such an incredible story teller that you can't help but become totally invested in her characters. Believe me, I know since I still completely swoon over Lucas from Complicate Me.

As you get deeper into the story you learn so much more about Alejandro. There are so many twists, turns and secrets to be learned. Then there's the Sophia/Lexi connection. Good Lord my jaw almost hit the ground.


Lexi and Alejandro meet for the first time when she is very young. Their chemistry is immediate and steaming hot. And again Alejandro won't allow himself to have what he wants. The two of them can't get out of each other's minds. Without giving away too much, keep the ballet barre in mind because damn.


Remember, this story basically starts at the end of Crave Me and then works back. What you think is real is just an illusion and M. literally makes you wait until the very end to put it all together.


Of course I love, love, love the part where the Good Ole Boys come in, because those boys are everything. I have a feeling Lucas and Half Pint are in for a bunch of trouble when Mia's story comes around. And just like everything else M. writes I will gobble it up and without a doubt fall in love again.


Five steamy lip smacks for Alejandro Martinez and El Diablo.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...