Tuesday, May 6, 2014

RUSH TOO FAR...BY ABBI GLINES


"I just need you to love me enough. Please, Blaire. Love me enough."
Rush Finlay Rush Too Far




The first thing I need to share about Rush Too Far, is...I MET ABBI GLINES!!!! I went with my girl Emily to the Author Event in Washington DC and I not only met some totally cool chicks...I actually met Abbi Glines!!! And before you ask...yes I fangirled the way my youngest does over One Direction. So clearly that was HUGE for me. I also got my hands on a copy of Rush Too Far and devoured it before Saturday night was over.

If you have not yet read Abbi Glines Too Far series...what on earth are you waiting for?? The whole series is amazeballs!! Rush Too Far is Rush Finlay's point of view of the day Blaire Wynn winds up on his doorstep. 

A little background...Rush Finlay is the uber hot, total player son of Dean Finlay, who is the legendery drummer for the mega popular band Slacker Demon. Guys want to be Rush....girls want to do Rush. And Rush Finlay is totally into this lifestyle until the night Blaire Wynn comes knocking at his door. 

Blaire just buried her mama, sold everything she had and has driven her old broken down truck to Rosemary Beach (where I cannot wait to move) to find her father, who is married to Rush's very self absorbed mother. Rush knows a secret about Blaire. A secret that makes him hate her. A secret he's been holding on to. A secret that keeps him forever protecting his little sister Nan (who is an uber bitch...btw).

Here's the thing...Rush is drawn to Blaire. She's not only stunning on the outside, but beautiful on the inside as well. Blaire is the total package. So Rush tries to do the only thing he thinks is the right thing to do...stay away from Blaire.

That would be a great idea if the chemistry between them wasn't so damn hot.  Country girl Blaire gets to Rush. She makes him want more. He tries to push her away. But every time he tries, Blaire wears him down a little bit more. Of course Blaire is physically attracted to Rush...he's beautiful. But, Blaire also sees that there's more to Rush than he lets the world see. She looks past the player and finds the real Rush.

So in a hot as hell scene outside of a honky tonk bar Rush tags along to with Blaire and Bethy, Blaire tells Rush she wants him. Then Rush in one of the hottest lines ever invented says "This is why I tried to stay away. This, Blaire. I won't be able to stop this. Not now." I'm sure you can guess what comes next. It's good and only gets better and hotter.

I've clearly had a Rush Crush since I read Fallen Too Far. I loved Rush's POV. I loved how he knew Blaire was special. Even when he thought he hated her he was drawn to her. Abbi lets us get a little deeper into Rush's head with this one. We get a little more background on Nan and of course Grant (swoon), Rush's sort of one time brother. I think you didn't get the magnitude of Rush's feelings for Blaire until he got to tell his story. I for one am totally glad he did.

My advice...go out and get (or one click) Rush Too Far. It's a great story, the characters are drool worthy and there's a plot twist and a bump here and there. 

I'm giving Rush Too Far (and hell the whole Fallen series) a 5 lip smack review. Abbi you are my idol!!



3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so happy for you girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't be having a giveaway for this book...?*wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmmm.......I'll have to check with Emily and see what she thinks!!!

      Delete

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...