Monday, May 12, 2014

ENTICE....BY RACHEL VAN DYKEN

"I don't even know how it happened, how she'd maneuvered her way into my soul, how she'd made it so that I was overcome with madness for her -- a type of obsession that I never wanted to be done with. She had destroyed me, and in my destruction, I'd found my salvation." Chase Winter Entice

If you haven't read the first two books in the Eagle Elite series...you need to read them ASAP. Entice, is the third book in the series and well my favorite so far. It's probably because I am absolutely in love with Chase Winter. Chase is a huge part of books one and two, but Entice is his story.

Chase Winter is part of the Abandonato crime family. His cousin Nixon is the head of the family and Chase is his go to guy. They are basically 20 somethings who run their family through Eagle Elite University. Whenever anyone talks about Chase they talk about how loyal he is. Nixon trusts Chase with his life and more importantly with Trace Rooks, who is the love of Nixon's life.

When we left Chase at the end of Elect, he was broken hearted since Trace told Chase she loved him, but Nixon owned her soul. Chase thinks Trace is his true love and he is devastated by her choice. Personally, I would have chosen Chase, but Trace didn't have those same feelings and well, her loss is Mil's gain.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when Emiliana "Mil" De Lange who is now the head of the De Lange crime family asks Chase to marry her and he says yes (I died a little inside). Mil thinks being married will give her more credibility as a mob boss. And her choice? Well...she's been in love with Chase Winter ever since he took her virginity when she was only 14. There's more to it than just losing her virginity, but just go with it for now.

The De Lange Family is at the bottom of the organized crime food chain and Mil's goal is to change that. Clearly, not everyone wants to see that happen. And even some of Mil's family would like to see her "eliminated".

In true Pulp Fiction style, the book starts kind of at the end with Chase getting shot and me freaking out. So of course, I read like crazy to find out what happened to my Chase (Nope, I'm not telling).

This leads us back to the beginning, where Chase and Mil get married. Their nuptials are presided over by another mob boss and are almost comical since at the time neither of them wants to get married. 

Chase and Mil's honeymoon is definitely one to remember, since on her wedding night, someone tries to kill her. It's about this time when Chase starts to realize he has feelings for Mil. Of course Mil thinks Chase is still in love with Trace and brushes off in true Mil fashion any advances from Chase. Then he kisses her and literally rocks her world. Chase doesn't kiss like an awkward teenager anymore. Not only is Chase gorgeous, with dark hair and green eyes, but as Mil puts it, "He has the body of a god." He's also tatted up which makes him that much hotter.

After the attempt on Mil's life, the whole Abandonato and Alfero families accompany Chase and Mil on the next part of their honeymoon where Mil has to try and get herself out of a mess her father created for her when she was a teenager. Mil has a definite back story. She's got some secrets that she finally shares with Chase, (who becomes uber protective) and even though she got my man, she's a kick ass chick and I like her a lot.

Add into this mix the mob boss of all mob bosses who is shady as hell. A fight scene that looks like the bad guys might win and Chase Winter, who is just so swoon worthy it's ridiculous.

If you love Trace and Nixon, don't worry. They are part of the action. Trace is freaking out because Nixon's hasn't popped the question and they have their own issues to deal with. 

Then there's Tex and Monroe, who aren't together, but add their own twist to the story. And as much as I hate to say it, Monroe is funny as hell when she puts Tex on blast. Oh and plot twist... When you find out who Tex's dad is, it's a what??? moment.

The story keeps you involved from the beginning until the very end. I read all three books in succession and I literally gobbled them up. I absolutely cannot wait until Elicit comes out. Tex's story is going to be bad ass!!

As a fan of all things mob related, I can give Entice a resounding five lip smack review. And I could only wish someday I'll find my very own Chase Winter.









No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...