Sunday, April 27, 2014

Riley's YA Chapter Reveal

So, I spend a lot of time reading other authors books. And of course I want to share them with everyone, because I love them so much....Today I'm going to share the prologue of my first YA novel. It's called Where I Belong. I haven't worked on it for while. IDK why, but now I'd like to put it out there, and what better place than here?? Please be kind....It's my very first try.


There were two things Julia Vega was sure of....more than anything she wanted to be a star. Then she needed to make sure she was always in control. The night Julia meets Jaime Rivera at play rehearsal, her world is rocked by the out of control feelings she has. Julia's heart was broken once by a boy. Will she let Jaime in? Can she give up control to find out where she belongs?
Prologue
I didn't go to the audition that first cold night of autumn and expect to fall in love. I went to the audition, just wanting a part in a really cool play. Our theatre group was putting on High School Musical. We were the first group in our area to do this show, so everyone was trying out for it. Every girl wanted to be Gabriella and every boy wanted to be Troy.
Me, I just wanted a part, ok that's a lie, hello, of course I wanted to be Gabriella. I wanted this part more than I've  ever wanted any part before in my life. That night, I definitely got more than I bargained for.
The night of the audition was crazy. Of course everyone wanted to be a part of our production of High School Musical, whether they were from our theatre group or not. I saw a few kids there I knew from other productions, but no one I would really call a friend. I didn't notice him that night at all. Much later he told me he noticed me that first night and I believed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...