Thursday, November 14, 2019

LA REVIEWS LOVE YOU NOW.....BY MONICA ROBINSON


"I love you, Rudolph. I love you in a way I didn't know you could love anyone. I love you for the bully you are, the stubborn pain in my ass, the controllin' alpha who drives me insane. I love you for your kind heart, your contagious laugh, the way you love Bailey since the moment you knew I was pregnant. I love you for never thinkin' she wasn't yours. For fightin' for me, for her, for our family. I love you for all the times you made me cry, and all the times you wiped away my tears. I love you for puttin' up with me all these years. I'm sorry for hurtin' you, blamin' you, makin' you feel like I didn't love you when I never stopped. I couldn't, I wouldn't...I belong to you, Jackson Pierce. Mind, body, and soul. We aren't a lie. I'm your wife. You're my husband. Bailey is our daughter. You're her father. You've always been her daddy."

If that isn't one of the most beautiful things you've ever read, I don't know what to tell you. This passage is just everything. It's honest, it's heartfelt and I loved it.

Looking for a binge read?? Look no further than Monica Robinson’s Hated You Then and Love You Now. I just finished Love You Now and I’m not lying, I can’t get it out of my head. It’s a beautiful story about love and how messy things can get when we don't talk to each other.

Love You Now picks up where Hated You Then ends. Harley finds out she’s pregnant and Jackson is doing every he can to save her. Including facing the wrath of Creed Jameson! Jackson is there for Harley ever step of the way, but she keeps pushing him and pushing him away.

Harley and Jackson’s story isn’t a typical love story. They grow up “hating” each other. As they get older become a couple. They go to the same college, spend all their time together the way it should be. Then something happens to change all the happy away. The thing is, they never really communicated their feelings to each other. It was like Jackson expected Harley to know how he felt (men) and Harley couldn't let go of the trust issues she had.

You think being pregnant with Jackson wanting to marry her, Harley would be thrilled. That's just not the case. Our Harley girl is holding on to insecurities of the past. She never really forgives Jackson for the Willow incident and other indiscretions she believes Jackson has committed.

Their story is a heart wrenching one and I was so mad at Harley. I just wanted her to trust Jackson and love him as much as he loved her, but she wouldn’t give an inch. 

Love You Now is filled with secrets and plot twists that you won’t see coming. Monica Robinson is a phenomenal story teller and she keeps you turning pages. She also makes you cry so have some tissues ready. 

I loved when Harley finally confesses her love to Jackson. It actually gave me chill bumps. It brought me back to Complicate Me, when Half Pint asked Lucas (my love) why he loved her. It also brought me to tears it was so beautiful. 


Wait until you get to that last sentence. Boom!! I cannot wait for the next book. It’s going to be a crazy ride. Five angsty stars for Love You Now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...