Wednesday, November 27, 2019

IT'S REVIEW TIME!!! SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY.....BY EMMA SCOTT


Someday, Someday by Emma Scott
Sometimes the books you read are a guide to how you should live your life, like a road map of sorts, and I believe that Someday, Someday is just like that.  Yes, the book is a romance novel and yes there is a lot of romance, but there is a flashing, strobe light in your face message that cannot and should not be ignored and that is to love unconditionally.   Simple right?  Everyone should do it but unfortunately that’s not the way the world works and Max and Silas are proof of that.

Max Kaufman has got to be one of the most selfless, forgiving people on the planet.  His propensity to love and nurture is incomparable.  Thrown away and kicked out of his house and family as a teenager just because he is gay almost destroyed Max.  In fact, it damaged him so terribly it was miraculous that he was able to pull himself out of it and become a well-respected nurse.  I admired Max so much for his strength and he really taught me the true meaning of forgiveness.

Silas Marsh is one of the most wounded souls I have ever read about.  The atrocities that were done to him were so horrendous my heart broke for him again and again.  As each memory surfaced, a piece of me was angered, saddened and forever changed. I can feel the rage I had for his father still hours later in my bones.  Silas has denied himself of every basic feeling and emotion and it tore me apart.  No human being should ever be punished because of his sexual orientation and shame on Edward Marsh for doing so.  Silas stole my heart and I am not sure I will ever get it back, or if I want it back.

Max and Silas’ journey was as heartbreaking as it was beautiful.  Silas had to fight himself and his demons every single step of the way, and Max had to fight for them both. How impossible it seems to let their past stay in the past and begin to live for the todays.  On top of everything else and in the middle of a personal awakening, Silas also had to deal with a disaster that threatened his family’s legacy.  But, Silas is an honorable man and as he started to come into his own as a grown man his determination to right the wrongs was fierce and unwavering.  Max and Silas together were a force of nature and they both deserved to find all the happiness the world had to offer.

I have to mention the fact that Emma Scott also wrote in some seriously amazing secondary characters.  Silas’ younger brother Eddie was the coolest guy and I totally loved every scene he had in this story.  I also need to make note of some pretty great females; Sylvia, Ramona, Darlene, Rachel and Faith all totally rocked!  What an awesome sisterhood these women were a part of! 

Emma Scott captured my heart and my every emotion in this book.  She has flayed me wide open and my life will forever be changed by the story of Max and Silas.  Ms Scott is and has long been an immediate one click author for me, and if you haven’t read her books yet the time is now.  Fall in love with Max and Silas, fall in love with Emma Scott’s beautiful writing and this spectacular story.  Above all else, please always remember that love is love and it certainly does not come with conditions. Thank you Emma Scott for all the beauty and love that is uniquely you!  In the words of Silas….. So there you go.

All the stars in the sky for Someday, Someday by Emma Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...