Monday, November 11, 2019

CHAPTER ONE VIOLENT TRIUMPHS.....BY JESSICA HAWKINS

Dear reader,
In case you need a little something to hold you over until tomorrow (or midnight if you preordered), I've got chapter one of Violent Triumphs for you below. I won't keep you—go ahead and dive in while you await the conclusion to this epic story!
Natalia

I suspect you might even like the feeling of surrender.
Cristiano’s distant words echoed through the darkness falling over my mind. He hadn’t meant submitting to death, but the hands around my neck demanded that.
The back of my skull throbbed where it’d been slammed against the tile floor. One moment, I’d been trying to tell Cristiano something important over the phone. The next, dragged through our bedroom and pinned on my back by an immovable weight.
Now, pinpricks of white light pierced the black. Stars in the night sky, promising peace. It wouldn’t be difficult to walk toward them. The dark had always been a fierce presence within me. Unknown. Ever-inviting.
Surrender would be simple. My body and my training had failed me—I hadn’t even fought back. Or maybe nothing up to this point had been real. Maybe this had all been a dream, and I was being torn from sleep.
As my windpipe closed under the grip around it, my screams relented. The shrill house alarm faded into a peaceful buzz. My fear ebbed, an ocean of tranquility rising in its place.
Heaven.
Mamá waited with open arms.
Go to her. Be with her again. Submit.
I wasn’t waking up; I was dying. Cristiano was the last person I expected to see at the gates of Heaven, but there he was, waiting in his suit and tie. Thank God. Wherever I was going, Cristiano was there, and he wouldn’t let anything hurt me.
He and my mother would be the light, the serenity, the prize for giving in to death.
All I had to do now was succumb. Go to him . . .
Cristiano.
“Cristiano is dead.”
READ CHAPTER 1 

VIOLENT TRIUMPHS 

White Monarch, 3 

I’ve become a queen to the forsaken, a leader to thieves, and the wife of a man who instills fear in all who cross his path. He was the husband I didn’t want. Now, I can’t fathom life without my king.

I should’ve been ready for anything. Like the caterpillar that feeds on poison during metamorphosis, I was raised in the dangerous world of cartel crime. But nothing could’ve prepared me for Cristiano de la Rosa, his brother’s poison, or the Calavera cartel.

This is still a story about a love strong enough to topple households, unite enemies, and divide brothers. Resilient enough to bring down those who would try to destroy it . . . and selfless enough to make the ultimate sacrifice.

But I was warned, and so were you. Death’s day always comes. This time, it will find what was once a caterpillar is now a butterfly—and hell hath no fury like the White Monarch.
AMAZON US 
AMAZON UNIVERSAL 
APPLE BOOKS 
GOOGLE PLAY 
KOBO 
NOOK 
ADD ON GOODREADS 
AUDIBLE ALERT 

READY TO BINGE READ NOW THAT THE SERIES IS COMPLETE? START HERE! 

VIOLENT DELIGHTS 

White Monarch, 1 

In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. But this feud isn’t between enemies. It’s between brothers. And I’m the prize.

I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'd do anything to escape. I vowed not to leave without Diego, my first love and best friend, but if his ruthless brother has his way, I won’t leave at all. Cristiano de la Rosa is a man as big and bold as his legend. Once upon a time, he was our cartel’s best soldier . . . until he became my family’s worst enemy.

A man like Cristiano will bend fate to his will to get what he wants. Even if it means dragging me to hell—and tearing me from his brother's arms.

READ NOW: 

AMAZON US 
AMAZON UNIVERSAL 
APPLE BOOKS 
AUDIBLE ALERT 
GOOGLE PLAY 
NOOK 
KOBO 
LEARN MORE 
To receive book-related announcements & surprises in the mail, including something special for this series, sign up for my snail mail list.
WHITE MONARCH
Reading Order / Release Schedule:

Violent Delights (3.19.19)
Violent Ends (6.18.19)
Violent Triumphs (11.12.19)

Click on a title for more info.

WHITE MONARCH SERIES
SOMETHING IN THE WAY SERIES
EXPLICITLY YOURS SERIES
AUDIOBOOKS
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...