Thursday, April 24, 2014

Everything I Want.....by K.L. Shandwick





"My feelings for you are even stronger than at the height of what we had. You are the first thing I think about every single day, Lily." Alfie Black

If a guy like Alfie Black said those words to me, I would have melted into a puddle at his feet. But, Lily Parnell has a very strong will because after that, she pushes Alfie away. 


The first thing I want to tell you about The Everything Series, if you haven't read the first two books, get them ASAP. It's an amazing New Adult story by K.L. Shandwick. 

I'm giving you an abbreviated tour of book one Enough Isn't Everything and two Everything She Needs because you really have to read them. I literally finished the series in three (ok four) days. It's just that good.

Lily and Alfie met at university in Miami. Lily, a music student, in the U.S. from London is a stunningly gorgeous girl, who has no clue how amazing she is. Her dating life has been limited and her sex life is beyond vanilla....then she meets Alfie.

The description of Alfie is one of perfection. I've never been more humanly attracted to a fictional character (ok, fib number two, but come on, I'm all about book boyfriends). Anyway Lily meets Alfie on her first day wandering around the university campus. She is mesmerized by him. Alfie must be insanely attracted to Lily too because what he propositions her with is hotness of epic proportions. What's even crazier is Lily accepts this proposition. 

Here's the thing....Alfie promises her an amazing ride...but straight out tells her he'll never be in love with her. Books one and two focus on their relationship and their separate rises to musical fame.

Book three is Everything I Want and it's really about Lily doing her and trying to move on from the heartache Alfie Black has caused her. When we last saw them, they had an amazing night together and yet Alfie leaves a sleeping Lily and flies off to record with his band Crakt Soundzz. Alfie's the lead singer and his band is about to blow up.

In Everything I Want Lily gets her own band. Lily is the lead singer of XrAID and with her band of  seriously hot, yet protective bandmates, stunning Lily feels safe and is embarking on what promises to be a once in a lifetime experience. Only guess what? Lily can't get over Alfie (I don't think any female could get over Alfie Black). 

Because of the musical direction their lives are going, Lily and Alfie cross paths again. At this point Alfie is trying to get Lily back and Lily can't let herself fall back into the same place with Alfie, but their chemistry is so damn hot, you can feel it through the pages. She knows Alfie will ruin her and does her best to stay away.

Did I mention that at this point they're both with other people? Lily's trying to move on but no one does it for her like Alfie. And Alfie? He makes it loud and clear Lily is all he wants.

I must say Lily is supremely strong because I would have hopped back on the Alfie train at the beginning of the book. But Lily is afraid. Alfie's made so many promises that he's broken. Plus the life of a rock star is not something that bodes well for this relationship. You know sometimes they say, love isn't always enough. That's where Lily is. She feels she can't let Alfie back in. Alfie is very persistent in his quest to win Lily back.

By the way, I forgot to mention book two has a holy hell plot twist, that you won't see coming. And be prepared in Everything I Want for another plot twist that blew me out of the water! 

I need to mention, Lily has a fabulous bunch of friends. They're loving and supportive and even a little tough with her when they have to be. Her very best friend Jack can have his own book. He is hilarious and his relationship with Lily is just adorable. 

I give Everything I Want a five lip smack review. The stories are everything you could ask for. Hot main characters, blazing hot sex, a really cool storyline and some WTF plot twists. 

I freakin love Alfie Black. He is right now, my number one book boyfriend this year. Alfie if you see this....call me! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...