Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bad for You......Abbi Glines


"I was completely obsessed with her. Addicted wasn't a strong enough word. She had surpassed my addictive tendencies, and I was full-blown obsessed. There was nothing I wouldn't do for her. All she had to do was ask. I would give anything up just to get to hold her like this again." Krit Corbin

Seriously? If that didn't stir something up in you, I don't know what will.


If you've figured anything out yet about me. You have to know I am a HUGE Abbi Glines fan. I think the woman is a genius. I have read every book she's written (including the Existence series) and loved every one. Abbi's books are books I have gone back and read more than one time. Another useful factoid about me is I have the attention span of a gnat. So basically for something to hold my attention from the front cover (dayum did you see it?) to the last page it has to be amazeballs....Bad for You was exactly that book. I am completely and utterly in love with Krit Corbin (Yes I know he's not real.) But damn, that boy did something to me.....EVERYWHERE

I have read very few books that I immediately wanted to reread the second I put them down. Bad for You is one of those books for me. 

Blythe Denton is the girl who nobody wanted. Orphaned as an infant, she is raised by her church Pastor and his abomination of a wife. For some reason unknown to anyone (well for now.) Margaret Williams hates the child that she and her husband offered to raise. Margaret Williams tells Blythe how disgusting and gross she is. Throw in some random beatings and a small town that treats her like she's garbage and you get a socially awkward, self loathing young woman.

So thank goodness after Mrs. Williams dies, Pastor Williams does the only decent thing he could do. He sends Blythe off to Sea Breeze, Alabama (lucky girl.) There she has her own apartment, an opportunity at community college and a new job. Add to this mix some totally hot new neighbors and that makes for good reading.

Enter Krit Corbin. You remember him right? The womanizing, man whore lead singer of the band Jackdown? Well anyway, Krit runs into Blythe the first day she's at her apartment. Krit and his best friend, room mate and band mate Green are her upstairs neighbors. In case I didn't mention, Blythe is painfully shy and afraid of social situations. Krit sees Blythe and is immediately drawn to her. Of course Krit has his own demons and decides he can't touch Blythe because he would break her.

The two of them feel like they're not good enough. Blythe has lived her whole life believing there was evil inside her and Krit just believes he's only good for one thing. He feels he could never be good enough for Blythe. 

I forgot to mention, Blythe is clearly, absolutely stunning. There's not a boy in Sea Breeze who doesn't want to get to know her. Including the son of the new Pastor at the church Blythe works as a secretary. Eh, a few dates, but clearly not Krit (oh until the bombshell drops and I was like "Whoa, didn't see that coming.) 

But I digress....Blythe and Krit begin this sort of tenuous friendship. They can both be themselves around each other. Blythe sees all the good in Krit that he doesn't realize is there. Krit feels like he needs to protect Blythe. Their friendship is genuine and sweet. I adore Blythe's innocence and I love the person Krit is when he's with her. But don't think for a minute that there's no sexual tension, because, oh yea, it's getting hot in hurr.

I think these are two of Abbi's strongest characters. They're so different, but they're so good together and I was cheering for them the whole way through. Now I'm not giving anything away, but Krit has a little freak out and then this happens:

"No one in my life had ever done that. Not even my sister. I was positive at that moment, when my sweet quiet Blythe was loudly telling a room full of people who knew better that I was a nice guy who was treated unfairly, that I would follow her off the edge of a cliff if she asked me to." Krit

At this point I was swooning. You can already guess that they get together at some point and holy hell....Krit got me all sorts of hot and bothered.

Before you think the story is done....it's not. There have to be "bumps" as my book partner Emily calls them. One is fairly devastating. So I'm now going to tell you to get the book and read it. It is probably the best Abbi Glines novel to date. Oh and even though it's a stand alone, you know you're going to want to read the whole Sea Breeze series.

Well I've talked too much as usual.  A resounding five lip smack review from me.  Read it! Let me know what you think! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What We're Reading Now

EXCERPT REVEAL!!! THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND.....BY PENELOPE WARD

Title: The Anti-Boyfriend Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Release Date: August 31, 2020 ...