MY OBSESSION WITH CHASE GRAYSON






***If you haven't read Taking Chances or Stealing Harper don't read this. It contains a ridiculous amount of spoilers***


Here's something you might not know about me. I have a ridiculously obsessive personality. I obsess over stupid things I've done. I obsess over things that happen in my class, I obsess over my kids and most of all, I obsess over books and characters in books (well I obsess over a lot more stuff, but you get the point). 

My love for Chase Grayson should come as no surprise to anyone. I love bad boys. I don't want to change them, I don't want to fix them. I like them naughty. Admittedly, at first, I was not in love with Chase Grayson. I thought he was a skank. I obviously don't think that anymore.

Waiting impatiently for June 9th to get my copy of Trusting Liam has reenergized my Chase obsession. So I started thinking back to how this particular obsession began. After around the millionth time of reading the back cover of Taking Chances at my local Target, I decided I "needed" to read it. So I tossed it in my cart and went on my way. For some reason (I can't remember what) I didn't read it right away. 

Strangely enough, around the same time, I came across Stealing Harper. I realized the same characters were in both books. Not realizing what I was doing, I read Stealing Harper first. I was completely new to this genre of book and author and didn't think the order I read them would matter.

Stealing Harper is Chase Grayson's point of view of the love triangle made up of him, Harper and Brandon. In Stealing Harper, Chase goes from being a gross, womanizing, manwhore, to a completely changed person. And he did it all for Harper. He wanted to become someone who was worthy of her and good Lord did he ever accomplish that task.

I spent so much of that book with a lump in my chest because my feels for Chase were out of control. Everything he did for Harper made me love him even more. The ring at Christmas, the tattoo he did for Harper, the drawings.....I just can't. I'm literally tearing up as I think about it.

Anyway, the weekend that he shared with Harper, the way he loved her, when he held her in the shower. It was like he knew it was going to be over. I don't think I've ever seen a love like the love Chase had for Harper. So all her indecision and not loving Chase the way she should made me not like her a whole lot.

I wonder, did she just stay with Chase for Gummy Bear? Did she really love him? Clearly, these are the thoughts of an obsessive mind because...well...they're not real. But the  way Molly McAdams wrote them, they seem very real.

When Chase Grayson died in that accident, I had one of the ugliest cries of my life. I don't really cry often, but I remember sobbing like a baby at the loss of Chase Grayson. 

And now I must confess. Since I read the books in the wrong order, I knew I couldn't live through Chase dying again and *whispers embarrassedly* I never had the courage to read Taking Chances. I look at it everyday, since it's on top of my to be read pile of books. I'm not sure I'll ever be over Chase Grayson, weird, right?

But on June 9th I get to meet his son Liam and I can't wait. That being said, Chase Grayson will ALWAYS be one of my top book boyfriends. Which leads me to my bucket list. I will one day meet Molly McAdams to talk to her about Chase and I will someday own a ring like the one Chase made for Harper.

I know there are loads of #teambrandon fans out there...but I will forever be #teamchase.


Comments

  1. Don't read Taking Chances. I read them in order and I fell in love with Chase, twice over. I spent the last part of Taking Chances really angry at Molly, Harper and resenting Brandon hardcore. I liked Brandon, I really did. Unfortunately after what happened to Chase I just resented that Brandon ends up with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you felt. I was so broken in the end of Stealing Harper. I knew I wouldn't be able to get through Taking Chances. I am still not at fan of Harper. She really got everything and I will never be #teambrandon.

      Delete
  2. I loved both books. After reading them molly became my favorite author and I read everything she puts out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too!! I will read any book she writes!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, you have no idea how much this blog means to me. I honestly thought I was the only one that did that. I read Stealing Harper first also because I saw it was on a best sellers list. That was the ugliest cry in the history of ugly cries for me. When I got to the end of the book (SH) I was questioning if there was a 2nd book, so I immediately opened Taking Chances to that next chapter and threw the book across the room. It was 3 am and I was just a wreck. But then I calmed myself down and read all of Taking Chances. My heart was so filled with joy and love by the end that had to ugly cry again. Molly McAdams knows how to get inside your mind, heart and soul with her characters. She is a literary genius. I'm on my first reread of Taking Chances to get ready for the next book release and I'm only on chapter 5 and openly cried twice since I know what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you girl. I read Stealing Harper like two years ago and I still am wrecked by Chase Grayson. I swear, I think he would have been the love of my life!! Molly McAdams is like my queen. I will read anything she writes!!! #teamchaseforever

      Delete
  4. Read Taking Chances! You should suffer right along with all of us #teamchase! LOL: It took me forever to read Stealing Harper and I ugly cried all the way through it too, I hated Molly for taking Chase from me but I LOVE HER NOW lol She is a gifted writer and only she would bring me back to read Stealing Harper and have me re-open the wound, Taking Chances is really a gut wrenching book but in order to take in his son book I have a feeling you're going to need the full story Hun. Chase is worth the ugly crying and trust me Molly McAdams is simply A-FUCKING-MAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Molly McAdams is A-FUCKING-MAZING! Chase is definitely worth the ugly cry. Someday I'll be able to do it. I just so don't like Harper, she will kind of ruin it for me. I know I'm going to have to deal with her and Brandon in Trusting Liam, I know I'm just going to have to bite the bullet!! #teamchaseforever

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY RELEASE DAY ERIN WATT!!!! TWISTED PALACE

LA REVIEWS PUCKED OFF...BY HELENA HUNTING

HAPPY RELEASE DAY ALEXIS NOELLE!!! HAVOC